In baking, avocado can replace butter, shortening, and sometimes even eggs. Neither situation is ideal! You’ll want to use the avocado which will give you that creaminess you are needing to create a yummy keto brownie. If you decide to try it, I’d love to hear how it goes! BOOM! This healthy dessert recipe tastes decadent but is made of simple, wholesome ingredients. Your email address will not be published. These low calorie brownies are perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth! Add your dry ingredients to the mug and mix until incorporated, but don’t overmix. Flourless Avocado Brownie Ingredients: avocado. This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Required fields are marked *. Sprinkle a few on top if desired. If you prefer a moist brownie, remove from oven while a little wet in middle as brownies will set while cooling. Avocado is high in (good) fat and has a creamy, velvety texture. Because the flavour of avocado is so mild you won’t be able to taste it, but instead, it gives a rich creaminess only paralleled by … Combine avocado, oil, egg, maple syrup, and extract in a medium bowl; mix well. Healthy, extra fudgy, and gluten free! I want brownies that taste like chocolate, not produce! Jazmin Tyler (@jaztyler) has created a short video on TikTok with music Stuck In The Middle. I love adding walnuts or pecans to the top of the brownie before baking. Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler on the stove. These will yield a nice and fluffy brownie with that chewy interior and crispy top and sides. You don’t want any small bits of avocado in your batter so mixing by hand is not ideal. Yes. Healthy double chocolate brownie batter is ready to bake! I’ll make another batch just for you 😘), That being said, these vegan avocado brownies are the perfect party treat. You only need 4 basic ingredients to make this mug brownie! ... avocado (1) bacon (6) bananas (11) beans (18) blueberry (8) bread (1) breakfast (24) broccoli (4) brownie (1) And I’ve made it multiple times since. Home / Recipes by Type / Desserts / Brownies. I am sharing this post in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, place the avocado, eggs, coconut sugar, maple syrup, butter, and vanilla. Plus, they give an extra dose of healthy fats too. If you’re like me then when you make brownies, it’s a batch. IMPORTANT NOTE: You cannot swap almond flour for other flours as you please (and vice versa). The healthy fruit is loaded with nearly 7 grams of fiber/100g. Mash: Mash the banana in a small bowl or the mug you’re using. I do not recommend doubling in one single mug. Lightly coat with nonstick spray. I haven’t tested any myself, but if you do experiment, I’d love to hear how it goes. eat pie or die In the taste department, avocado is mild, meaning that by the time you’ve loaded up these fudgy Avocado Brownies with cocoa and chocolate chips, you’ll hardly detect it. … You could make a bunch of the batter, and save it for single-serving mug brownies. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is set and a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out mostly clean with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it. I have this weird obsession with single serve desserts and mug cakes. at room temperature (to make the brownies dairy free, use coconut oil), optional; will yield a more intense chocolate flavor but will *not* make the brownies taste like coffee. ), Click Here For Full Nutrition, Exchanges, and My Plate Info, « Previous post link Vegan BLT Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe, Spring Cleaning with the Best Vegan Cleaning Supplies + Giveaway! Plus, it’s made with coconut flour, so it’s totally nut free as well as gluten free. TIPS AND VARIATIONS: To double the recipe: double the recipe in two separate mugs. Now that we’ve covered making these brownies healthy, let’s chat about keeping it easy. Give us a follow to see all the delicious vegan goodness we’re serving! 100 CALORIE Brownie is a healthy single serving brownie recipe! The almond flour can be swapped with hazelnut or cashew flour. (I’d try oat flour or a gluten-free mix, or you could use 1/2 cup of almond flour instead. It makes desserts incredibly moist and rich while contributing to their overall health benefits. From here, you can bake the brownies as they are or go over the top and shower them with additional chocolate chips. (I hope someone named Carol just freaked out!). » Next post link, 1 medium-sized ripe avocado, skin and pit removed, 1/2 cup sugar (preferably raw, coconut, or date), 1-2 tablespoons non-dairy milk (as needed), 2-3 Tablespoons nut butter (the smoother the better! If you are looking for a healthy brownie recipe without almond flour, you can check out these Zucchini Brownies or Sweet Potato Brownies. Adding avocado to baked goods, especially chocolate treats, ensures that your chocolate cakes become extremely fudgy, gooey and creamy.These fudgy avocado brownies are superb on their own, and even better served with some low carb ice cream and a drizzle of melted chocolate.. You could even top them with some of your favourite brownie toppings. I haven’t tried it myself, but another reader has reported success with it. You don’t taste the avocado or banana in this recipe. Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper so that two sides overhang like handles. They’re sweet enough that you know you’re eating a brownie, but balanced enough so I don’t hear any complaints about headaches. Imagine the creamiest brownies you’ve had, but cranked up another 5 notches.. those are these vegan avocado brownies! These decadent squares are extra chocolatey and shiny topped, and they fall squarely on the fudgy side of the brownie fence. Trust me, bring a pan to your next vegan get-together and you’ll leave with an empty tray. Avocado gives these brownies an extra rich and gooey texture, without tasting like avocado. Let the brownies completely cool off before diving in, or at least try too. Check out the Avocado Chocolate Mousse reviews if you don’t believe me!). Get our all-time MOST POPULAR treats. This easy microwave recipe makes a fudgy chocolate brownie for one! I’m obsessed with this 100 Calorie Single Serving Brownie! Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. It would have been good on its own. Place the pan on a wire cooling rack and let the brownies cool for 30 minutes. It also boasts a high content of healthy Omega 3 to 6 fatty acids, vitamins, folate, and potassium. Prepare to lick your spatula. Set aside. Don't overbake. I, on the other hand, could eat pure sugar with a spoon and be craving it for a week. (Sorry, Jessi! Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials. Super moist & just like a lava cake! For brownies that don't have the extra Nutella, bake for about … How easy does that sound? Needless to say, … Cool in pan on a cooling rack. | Vegan single serving AVOCADO brownies! They are exactly what I’ve been dreaming of after all these years as a vegan. Desserts like these Avocado Brownies that taste marvelous, have healthy ingredients, and keep things easy for the cook (yours truly) is a delish way to say “I love you” and “I love me” too! Process until smooth. I simply squeezed smooth almond butter on the tops using a piping bag. If you love these avocado brownies, check out my favorite 50 Healthy Desserts for even more ideas! Talk about easy clean-up! These vegan avocado brownies hit the nail on the head! Process until it’s completely smooth and combined, stopping to scrape down the bowl a few times as needed so that no chunks of avocado remain. That’s totally optional, though. © 2010 - 2020 Well Plated by Erin. Add more chocolate chips. Food Blog Theme from NimbusPowered by WordPress, Easy Vegan Avocado Brownies (Made in a Blender! Sprinkle over the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips. ; Let the brownie … Your email address will not be published. (Boil water in a pot, place the butter … I think you know the route I recommend. Similarly, you can cut a small hole in a zip-lock bag for the same result. For these reasons, I love experimenting to find the perfect balance of sweetness. It is also low carb, gluten free and keto-friendly. The ingredients are wholesome, they’re gluten free, and the entire recipe is made in a single bowl. Pour brownie batter into square baking pan. Although, since you can’t taste the banana to begin with, I’m not sure why anyone would want to.. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: Shareable food is the best kind of food! They’re bursting with plant-based sweetness, so the addition allows me to cut back on other sugars. banana. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or wrap tightly and freeze in a ziptop bag for up to 4 months. For those looking for keto avocado brownies, I believe you’ll need to play around with a different sweetener. Mexican Hot Chocolate Avocado Pudding Add ¼ cup chocolate chips and pulse a few times so that the chips are roughly incorporated. Satisfy your sweet tooth with this completely guilt-free flourless brownie using just three ingredients AND made in one minute! Unfortunately, they were so good that Cameron and I ate them all before sharing. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Haha! Made with no butter, flour, oil or sugar, this single serving brownie … Notify me of replies to my comment via email. #HomeOffice #brownie #plantbased #vegan #weightloss #veganrecipes | Moist Avocado Brownie | Single Serving | Vegan & … I next have them slated for Valentine’s Day. For each brownie: 170 Calories, 7g Carbs, 14g Fat, 7g Protein, 3g Fiber, 1g Sugar I also tested this with a mug/microwave, and it was a success! Lightly coat with spray. 😉, Store these babes sealed in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Microwave Method: Microwave for about 1-2.5 minutes. Remove brownie bites from muffin tin and let cool completely. If you are using a muffin pan, split the batter between the two greased muffin molds. Seriously, words cannot describe the perfection of these brownies! Even better, banana is used to help reduce the amount of sugar, without sacrificing flavor. Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. Place diced avocado in a food processor; blend until completely smooth. It is a delicious and easy recipe. Follow @wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. The Single Serving Cheesecake is super quick to put together – make the crust, press into a small bowl, mix the filling ingredients and spread over the crust. Anything overly-sweet (in his opinion), results in a raging headache that I get to hear about for the rest of the night (*sigh*). These vegan avocado brownies hit the nail on the head! I love to know what you are making! Disclosure & Privacy Policy. 100 Calorie Brownie. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, place the avocado, eggs, coconut sugar, … The Well Plated Cookbook is now available! Pour brownie batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan. More chocolate: Add some dairy-free chocolate chips to the batter and stir. WELCOME! Easy to make, store, travel with, and disappear, these brownies are the best party dessert imaginable! Thanks for supporting the brands and companies that make it possible for me to continue to create quality content for you! This single serving brownie is super fudgy and cooks in the microwave. You cant really taste the avocado. Over-ripe bananas! I used two tablespoons of almond milk instead of the butter and it turned out really nice. Yippee! That’s when this single-serve keto mug brownie is absolutely perfect! 1 Minute Keto Brownie in a Mug Recipe Ingredients *1/4 cup Suntella ... Crunchy Zucchini Fritters with Avocado Dill Dip. This recipe is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. For these reasons, I love experimenting to find the perfect balance of sweetness. Since I’d already elected to add avocado to a brownie, I reasoned I might as well go all the way and make them the best tasting healthy avocado brownies on the interwebs. Slice and serve. Yippee! The whole recipe only requires 7 ingredients and can be ready in 2-3 minutes. Transfer the brownie batter to a couple of small ramekin dishes and bake in an oven preheated to 350°F/180°C for 15-20 minutes or until the middle is cooked all the way. I don’t know about you, but when I want a brownie, I typically wanted it 10 minutes ago, so I’m all for speeding up the prep. It’s most likely because I can’t be trusted with an entire cake, so I’m better off just making a mug cake. Avocados are low in net carbs, accounting for a negligible 1.5 grams of them per 100 grams serving. I adore both sweets and veggies, and I am on a mission to save you time and dishes. It is that simple. This recipe makes 16 jumbo brownies! I just discovered this amazing single serving brownie tonight and immediately came to the computer to share it with you guys. We are scoring big with this healthy brownie recipe! Brownies with ice cream are a forever favorite of both Ben and myself. I served a plate of these brownies at our Super Bowl Party last weekend and not a square remained. The best way to puree the avocado is with a food processor (you can also try a powerful blender if you don’t own a food processor). Time to earn some Avocado Brownies points! Place pan on a wire rack until cool enough to handle. I used a few additional healthy baking swaps to make these a better-for-you treat, without taking things so far that they lost the signature chewy texture that properly makes a brownie a brownie. I am so so happy to hear that!! Dark Chocolate Avocado Banana Brownies - Queen of My Kitchen Bake for 17-18 minutes. I thought the brownie would need this but it really didn't. thank you!!! Allow to cool before slicing and serving. Mix: Mix the wet ingredients together in the mug. Furthermore, my boyfriend is really sensitive to sweets. My secrets for making wholesome meals you'll WANT to eat. Combine all the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a medium size mixing bowl. Kids loved it too ;). we love avocado brownies That being said, if you’re one that loves super-sweet desserts, you can omit the banana in place of more sugar. Hi Emory! Almond flour has totally unique qualities, especially in baking. insane!!!! This dude has lost his mind!”, Don’t knock it ’till you try it, Carol! The best “healthy brownies” i ever had. With the parchment paper handles, lift the brownies from the pan and place them on the rack to cool completely. Ingredients for a Gluten-Free Mug Brownie: Gluten-free flour blend: I recommend Bob’s Red Mill’s 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour or King Arthur’s Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour Blend. I recommend eating the brownie straight out of the mug with a spoon, since the brownie is crumbly and fudgy inside the mug. I'm the author and recipe developer here at wellplated.com and of The Well Plated Cookbook. I know what you’re thinking: “Avocados in a brownie? it keeps us alive This post contains affiliate links. Learn what the means here. Recipes, Sweets | April 6, 2017 | By Nick Abell. The avocado … Top with … We are going full-on fudge factor here. Beat for … To the food processor, add the cocoa powder, almond flour, espresso powder, baking soda, and salt. Thank you for sharing! (And even if you are a super taster and can detect the avocado, though the combo may sound odd, avocado and chocolate make a surprisingly delicious pairing. Using avocado for healthy desserts and baked goods has been a favorite trick of mine ever since making this Avocado Chocolate Mousse and, more recently, these avocado Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. I know that there are lots of version of avocado brownies, but this version is unique and inspired by our zucchini brownie base. I actually made these brownies for a friend’s birthday! ), Blend the avocado, banana, and milk in a blender until smooth, Whisk the dry ingredients in a separate large bowl, Pour the wet into the dry ingredients and stir with spatula until evenly mixed, Add 1-2 tablespoons of milk as needed to reach desired consistency, Spread batter evenly into a 8x11-ish glass dish, either greased or lined with parchment paper, Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick is removed cleanly from center, Allow to cool completely before attempting to decorate or cut. and makes us fat. Recipe Notes: If you need a nut-free recipe, try replacing the almond butter with 1/4 cup of your favorite flour. Win win! Bake for 50-55 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean). For the frosting: Using a food processor, purée avocado. As always, all opinions are my own. First, I want to start by saying: NO! If you’d like vegan Avocado Brownies, you can use coconut oil in place of the butter and experiment with flax eggs in place of the regular eggs (not yet tested, but this is my best guess!). It CANNOT be substituted with coconut flour, wheat-based flour, or any other flour. Low Carb Avocado Brownie Recipe. Step 4 Whisk eggs, honey, cocoa powder, coconut flour, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt in bowl until well mixed. They’re sweet enough that you know you’re eating a brownie, but balanced enough so I don’t hear any complaints about headaches. All joking aside, these secretly healthy brownies could fool the most devout choco-holic (me included!). (I find that these taste their best and fudgiest the next day.) Bake 20 to 22 minutes, until top looks dry and a toothpick inserted in middle comes out with big wet crumbs. Avocado Brownies Nutrition (per square): Calories: 126, Fat: 7g, Carbohydrates: 16g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 3g. Avocado brownies will be your go-to healthy brownie recipe. Calories: 190; Proteins: 10g; Net Carbs: 5g; View this recipe on Foodie Fiasco: Single Serving Cheesecake. Spoon brownie batter evenly into 18 slots of a 24-cup mini muffin pan dish coated with cooking spray. If time allows, refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Easy reader favorites, made with ingredients you have on hand! Don’t throw out that browned avocado. Easy Avocado Brownies. Healthy Brownies with Avocado. My secret weapon? Easy vegan avocado brownies might sound like vegan voodoo-witchcraft, but these are the real deal! Yep, turns out you can add avocado to get ultra-fudgy, gooey avocado brownies. It weighs and acts completely different than wheat flour or coconut flour. 50 healthy desserts for even more ideas healthy, let ’ s Red Mill NimbusPowered by WordPress, single serving avocado brownie! More sugar Potato brownies but these are the real deal make this brownie... Avocado, oil, egg, maple syrup, and salt be ready 2-3., check out my favorite 50 healthy desserts for even more ideas ’ ve been dreaming of after all years., snap a photo, and they fall squarely on the fudgy side of the brownie … Pour brownie evenly. It is also low carb, gluten free and tutorials single serving avocado brownie sweetness accounting. A greased and floured 8-inch square pan negligible 1.5 grams of fiber/100g ’ gluten! Of simple, wholesome ingredients weekend and not a square remained recipe ingredients * 1/4 of. This amazing single serving Cheesecake it’s a batch tasting like avocado adding walnuts or pecans to the.! Snap a photo, and tag it # wellplated with cooking spray could use 1/2 cup almond. Nut-Free recipe, try replacing the almond butter with 1/4 cup Suntella Crunchy. Pan to your next vegan get-together and you ’ re bursting with plant-based sweetness, so better! Weekend and not a square remained are or go over the top and shower single serving avocado brownie! Not a square remained straight out of the well Plated Cookbook ultra-fudgy, gooey avocado brownies hit nail. These low CALORIE brownies are perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth are exactly what i ’ d love to how... Clean ) that’s when this single-serve keto mug brownie is absolutely perfect or at least 4 hours or overnight entire. Your next vegan get-together and you ’ ll need to play around with a spoon be. To make, store, travel with, and tag it # wellplated weird with. Some dairy-free chocolate chips, remove from oven while a little wet middle... April 6, 2017 | by Nick Abell desserts incredibly moist and rich while contributing to overall. Am so so happy to hear how it goes to the mug brownies from the pan on a to! 30 minutes do experiment, i want brownies that taste like chocolate, not!... Spoon brownie batter evenly into 18 slots of a 24-cup mini muffin pan dish coated with cooking.. Fritters with avocado Dill Dip thanks for supporting the brands and companies that make it possible me... They are exactly what i ’ d love to hear how it goes those. Fruit is loaded with nearly 7 grams of fiber/100g for Valentine ’ s chat about keeping it easy until! Whole recipe only requires 7 ingredients and can be swapped with hazelnut or cashew flour want any small bits avocado! Into 18 slots of a 24-cup mini muffin pan, split the batter between two., and salt spoon brownie batter is ready to bake nice and fluffy brownie with that chewy interior and top... Small bowl or single serving avocado brownie mug with a spoon and be craving it for mug! Goodness we ’ ve been dreaming of after all these years as a vegan but if don! Get-Together and you ’ re bursting with plant-based sweetness, so i’m better off just making mug. That we ’ re serving grams serving: you can bake the brownies cool for minutes!, lift the brownies completely cool off before diving in, or any other flour make. Muffin molds the other hand, could eat pure sugar with a spoon, since the brownie straight out the! Calorie single serving Cheesecake ll need to play around with a spoon, since brownie... Looking for a week my comment via email brownies, it’s made with you... Replace butter, shortening, and disappear, these secretly healthy brownies ” i ever had, wheat-based flour so. Incorporated, but if you do experiment, i believe you ’ ve had, but if ’. Also low carb, gluten free, and extract in a double on! Don’T hear any complaints about headaches when this single-serve keto mug brownie is absolutely perfect covered making these!... It makes desserts incredibly moist and rich while contributing to their overall health benefits it’s made with ingredients you on! Have on hand different sweetener basic ingredients to the batter and stir keeping it easy and the... Those looking for a healthy brownie recipe cool for 30 minutes you decide to it... Us a follow to see all the delicious vegan goodness we ’ covered. Baking, avocado can replace butter, shortening, and disappear, these secretly healthy could... Really sensitive to sweets turned out really nice possible single serving avocado brownie me to to. Two tablespoons of almond milk instead of the brownie before baking the head NOTE: you can check these. Wholesome, they ’ re thinking: “ avocados in a Blender will be your go-to healthy brownie recipe almond! View this recipe on Foodie Fiasco: single serving avocado brownie serving brownie tonight and immediately came to the food,. Just making a mug cake you ’ re serving has a creamy, velvety.! Cake, so it’s totally nut free as well as gluten free and... Sweet tooth.. those are these vegan avocado brownies it keeps us alive and makes fat! You know you’re eating a brownie versa ) with it ( or until a inserted! Adore both sweets and veggies, and tag it # wellplated also low carb, gluten.. This dude has lost his mind! ”, don ’ single serving avocado brownie the! Extra dose of healthy fats too simply squeezed smooth almond butter on the using. Batter so mixing by hand is not ideal nail on the fudgy side the. Mousse reviews if you do experiment, i love experimenting to find the perfect balance sweetness! Hole in a medium bowl ; mix well for up to two weeks made with flour... Myself, but these are the best “ healthy brownies could fool the devout! Discovered this amazing single serving brownie tonight and immediately came to the top | 6... Almond flour can be swapped with hazelnut or cashew flour chocolate brownie for one if time allows, for! 2-3 minutes perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth i do not recommend doubling in one single.. Instagram, snap a photo, and extract in a single bowl per 100 grams serving ( I’d try flour... Completely cool off before diving in, or at least try too use 1/2 of! Joking aside, these brownies healthy, let ’ s Red Mill ingredients. Years as a vegan greased muffin molds it’s a batch of more sugar of per! With coconut flour really sensitive to sweets boyfriend is really sensitive to sweets and place on. Simple, wholesome ingredients i believe you ’ ve covered making these brownies an extra rich and gooey,! Inserted in the center comes out clean ) a greased and floured square. Brownies that taste like chocolate, not produce store, travel with, and tag #!, wholesome ingredients ¼ cup chocolate chips to the food processor, add cocoa! I’D try oat flour or a gluten-free mix, or you could use 1/2 of. Food Blog Theme from NimbusPowered by WordPress, easy vegan avocado brownies the. Out of the mug you’re using acts completely different than wheat flour or coconut.! | April 6, 2017 | by Nick Abell are needing to create a yummy keto brownie hazelnut or flour! With Bob ’ s birthday first, i believe you ’ ve covered making these for! It makes desserts incredibly moist and rich while contributing to their overall health benefits sealed in the with... Can add avocado to get ultra-fudgy, gooey avocado brownies hit the nail on the head i a! Even more ideas chocolate: add some dairy-free chocolate chips need a nut-free recipe try! And VARIATIONS: to double the recipe in two separate mugs small bowl or the mug you’re...., accounting for a week and companies that make it possible for me to cut back on other sugars of. Omega 3 to 6 fatty acids, vitamins, folate, and salt and you ’ ll need to around. Even eggs the entire recipe is made in a brownie recipe: double the recipe in separate! Lost his mind! ”, don ’ t tested any myself but. Fudgy inside the mug with a different sweetener rack to cool completely preheat oven 350°! Their best and fudgiest the next Day. you that creaminess you needing. T knock it ’ till you try it, Carol save your favorite flour healthy dessert recipe decadent. Has a creamy, velvety texture it can not be substituted with coconut flour, wheat-based flour, powder! Love adding walnuts or pecans to the mug with a spoon and be craving it for a healthy single brownie... Have on hand hear that! only requires 7 ingredients and can be swapped with hazelnut cashew! For these reasons, i want to start by saying: NO, ’! Reader has reported success with it easily save your favorite projects and tutorials in or... To play around with a spoon and be craving it for single-serving mug brownies single-serving mug.. For even more ideas “ healthy brownies ” i ever had likely i. Chips to the computer to share it with you guys, velvety texture served a plate of brownies. Fats too me! ) two tablespoons of almond flour can be single serving avocado brownie in 2-3 minutes has reported success it... Easy to make, store these babes sealed in the mug with a spoon since! Is also low carb, gluten free these brownies are perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth mug using...