If you'd rather play all of your new Nintendo Switch games with something resembling a GameCube controller, PDP's line of Wired Fight Pad Pro controllers are … With the Split Pad Pro, I don't need anything else to have an enjoyable, comfortable experience. The Fight Pad Pro is designed with Super Smash Bros. In terms of quality, don’t expect the SN30 Pro+ to feel quite as solid as the Switch Pro Controller. It´s a bit fragile and can have random inputs if broken. Aksion ... GameCube inspired Pro Controller designed for the Nintendo Switch; Compatible with Super Smash Bros. Quick look: The best Nintendo Switch controllers we've tested. The, With the controller’s unique combination of design, it’s suitable for everything from. PS5 and Xbox Series X/S will be restocked at Walmart on Thursday. Find release dates, customer reviews, previews, and more. We recommend connecting it to your computer at least once to take advantage of the wide array of customizations, even if you only plan to use the controller on your Switch. The 8Bitdo N30 isn't going to be for everyone. You can change out the C-stick for a normal joystick. This controller wasn't designed with PC in mind, but it should work and register as a controller for PC games. Nintendo Switch Legend of Zelda Link GameCube Style Wired Fight Pad Pro Controller Pick your favorite character and challenge your friends (and enemies!) PDP Wired Fight Pad Pro - Mario - gamepad - wired overview and full product specs on CNET. If you'd rather play all of your new Nintendo Switch games with something resembling a GameCube controller, PDP's line of Wired Fight Pad Pro controllers are among the best GameCube-style controllers out there, and that's thanks to PDP not being afraid to change the classic pad. Thankfully, Switch players have all kinds of options when it comes to Nintendo Switch accessories. From tabletop mode to handheld gameplay and more, our favorite Switch controllers let you customize your playing experience even more. Ultimate in mind, and it works great for it, but thanks to the interchangeable C-stick and the more comfortable shoulder buttons and grips, it's a great controller for games like Animal Crossing: New Horizons and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, too. If you just want to use it as an alternative for the Switch Pro Controller, have at it. The 8Bitdo SN30 Pro Plus is one of the more exciting Switch controllers. Whether you prefer to play your Nintendo Switch console with an Xbox One or PS4 controller, play using the Joy-Cons while they're charging, or just love gaming on the go, there's an accessory tailor-made for you. The Wired Fight Pad Pro will be released on 11/21 on pdp.com, and 11/23 on Amazon.com, Best Buy and GameStop. This issue has been fixed for games like Splatoon 2 and Crash Bandicoot: N Sane Trilogy, though this requires you to plug the adapter into a computer to update the firmware. When I learned the Switch had a Pro controller alternative that included an audio port, boasted remappable paddles, and only cost $25, I didn't expect much in the way of quality. The directional pad is slightly smaller than alternatives, but it worked perfectly fine during our time testing it. It's very hard to find an official controller from Nintendo these days, but if you can't live without the classic controller's unique layout, then these pads will more than fill that role. Going on a road trip and want to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze with your friends? With all of the options we get from the best Xbox One and Xbox Series X controllers, I wanted to look for the best Nintendo Switch controller to make all my games play just a bit better. They're made specifically for fighting games and make knocking out long combos much easier than your traditional controller. Note that all pricing indicated below is subject to change--Amazon slashes the price on these products regularly, so you may see a discount when clicking through that we haven't listed here. If you want to use it with the NES Classic, SNES Classic, or Wii Classic controllers, you can do that, too. If you're looking for a controller that is nearly identical to the GameCube's--but with some modern niceties--then PowerA's pad is a good option. We can't talk about the best Nintendo Switch controllers on the market without talking about the first-party option, the Nintendo Switch Pro controller. It also reportedly drains the Switch’s battery more quickly than other controllers, but its $25 price means you can only use it occasionally and still feel like you got your money’s worth. If you're looking for a controller that mirrors the original GameCube's pad, then look no further than here. Nintendo doesn’t offer much in the way of customization for its controllers. The Fusion Fight Pad performed beautifully with all of the Switch fighting games I tested it with, though there was limited compatibility on PC--some games didn't work at all, while others required me to remap some controls. You can remove the C-Stick on the right side and replace it with a second analog stick, and this comes included with every controller. Nevertheless, this hardly ruins the experience. The Wired Fight Pad Pro Controller doesn’t include motion sensors like the Joy-Con or Pro Controllers do, as it was primarily designed as an alternative accessory for playing Super Smash Bros. The buttons are stiffer than those of most fight pads, so the first impressions weren't great, but when it came to actually playing, that stiffness wasn’t an issue. Just picked up a PDP Fight Pad for smash. Despite all that, the Fighting Stick Mini performed well in the midst of fights, and that cheaper price tag makes it hard to ignore. The Fusion Fight Pad doesn't quite reach those heights, but it's still a great option if you're looking for a versatile controller. The first time I plugged the 8Bitdo Bluetooth adapter into my Switch console dock, it felt like black magic. Where it truly differs, however, is in the two customizable “Advanced Gaming Buttons.” The controls function similarly to the paddles found on the Xbox Elite or Scuf Vantage controllers. However, it seems I have to have a gamecube controller. While some people prefer to take their Switch systems with them wherever they go, others rarely take them out of the dock. However, 8BitDo released the GBros. The one downside is that there are no extra buttons or paddles on the controller, so the remapping is restricted to swapping buttons. Where it truly differs, however, is in the two customizable “Advanced Gaming Buttons.” The controls function similarly to the paddles found on the Xbox Elite or, controllers. With all this considered, the N30 is perfect for the job. ... No, this controller is only compatible with Nintendo Switch. You can purchase the Wired Fight Pad Pro Controller for just $25 a pop. It allows you to swap button inputs, invert the X and Y axis on your analog sticks, and more. An additional game controller is a key Nintendo Switch accessory for many players; while the current model of Switch sports improved battery life over the launch model, some kinds of games just don't play well on the default control option. First off, this Joy-Con can't be used wirelessly, so you're restricted to using it in handheld mode. PDP - Wired Fight Pad Pro Controller Pikachu Edition for Nintendo Switch - Yellow. with this GameCube inspired Pro Controller. The biggest difference is the larger D-pad, which makes it better suited for games like 2D platformers or fighting games--though there are still controllers with better D-pads out there if you're looking for one. If you're looking for more to do while stuck at home, check out our guide to building a gaming PC. Ultimate and your other favorite Nintendo Switch games. All of these changes make it easier to enjoy the GameCube's classic shape and unique button placement in a more modern design. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site. There are a few things that are important to note, however. Of course, with this being a pair of Joy-Cons that need to be attached to the console, it doesn't work with the Switch dock, either (we recommend a screen protector, since you're going to be spending a lot of time in handheld mode when it's not charging on the Switch dock). Gear up for Super Smash Bros.™ Ultimate for Nintendo Switch with the Wired Fight Pad Pro! The Wired Fight Pad Pro also comes with a 10 foot USB cable to ensure you stay connected during crucial moments. And as a bonus, this retro receiver can also be connected via USB, as long as you have an extra USB-C cable attached. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. With Feedback Gear up for Super Smash Bros Ultimate for Nintendo Switch with the Wired Fight Pad Pro! ... $15 Switch games and more. Pick your favorite character and challenge your friends (and enemies!) Because the Fighting Stick Mini is much cheaper than higher-end sticks, it's questionable whether its components will last the punishment a fighting game fan can dish out. If you just want to use it as an alternative for the Switch Pro Controller, have at it. Step your Game Up with GamingShop.ca Only Genuine Products Secure Payments Free Shipping Proudly Canadian Customize your gaming style by playing with the traditional C-Stick or swap it out for a full-size stick with the innovative detachable design. The lack of features is a tad disappointing as well, especially the inability to swap the joystick's control from the D-pad to the analog sticks. The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. Make this classic Super Mario Bros. The only downside to the controller's design is the size of the D-pad, something the original GameCube pad suffered from as well. In contrast, the Pro Controller utilizes an internal battery pack. It foregoes joysticks in favor of two (or three) D-pads, lending itself more to 2D or slower-paced 3D games rather than, say, Astral Chain or Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The Wired Controller Plus won’t necessarily replace the Pro Controller as it lacks motion functionality and HD Rumble, but for the $25 price, it’s hard to pass it up, and you can purchase one or two extra to accommodate larger gatherings. Some reviews say no, others AND their website say that it does work on PC. After looking through articles online, I convinced myself I wasn't, but that uncertainty will likely rear its head with each new game. Secondly, it's incompatible with most cases and grips. It comes with a 10-foot cable, so you can use it from a couch without any issue, and it features a button layout nearly identical to the Pro Controller. Yes, these are the basic controllers that come with the Nintendo Switch but having a few spares is handy especially with the number of local co-op games available on the Switch. It can be connected to Switch and PC with a USB cable. Tips to get the most out of your Nintendo Switch, Everything you need to know about Nintendo Switch Online, Best Nintendo Switch GameCube controller adapters, The Best Gaming Deals for December 2020: Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One, Last chance to order a Nintendo Switch Lite for delivery in time for Christmas, Animal Crossing: New Horizons: How to increase friendship, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla gets festive Yuletide event with seasonal loot, Fortnite season 5 week 3 challenge guide: How to destroy toilets, How to unlock characters, new modes, boards, and more in Super Mario Party, Epic fires another shot at Apple by adding Spotify to its Games Store, How to connect Bluetooth headphones to a PS5. The controller is compatible with Smash Bros. You can purchase the Wired Fight Pad Pro Controller for just $25 a pop. With the controller’s unique combination of design, it’s suitable for everything from Animal Crossing: New Horizons to Astral Chain. The classic GameCube controller is an iconic one, especially if you have vivid memories of playing Super Smash Bros. Melee. The Wired Fight Pad Pro also comes with a 10 foot USB cable to ensure you stay connected during crucial moments. It’s also quite a bit lighter as it uses standard AA batteries. Some larger carrying cases for the Switch, such as the Game Traveler Deluxe, include a compartment that can either hold a Joy-Con grip or a Pro Controller. It also includes shoulder buttons and triggers on both sides, so you can use it for Switch games that a standard GameCube controller wouldn’t be able to handle. The one problem I have with the stick is the fact that it's not especially easy to take apart and replace specific components. Of course, any controller you’ll use with this adapter won’t include features like HD rumble, motion controls, or Amiibo support. Controller Nintendo Switch Legend of Zelda Wired Fight Pad Pro … You can quickly program these buttons to perform the function of any other button. Ultimate for Nintendo Switch with the wired fight pad Pro! If you still have a Super Nintendo--or an Analogue Super NT--then this is an awesome option to play classic games on that console. It doesn't have analog sticks, which means you can't play 3D-centric games or Smash on it, but for retro style games, it's hard to beat. The official Nintendo Pro controller is still the best Nintendo Switch controller for the console overall (it has a great battery perfect for long gaming stints, easy charging, and can be used with a Nintendo Switch dock or even if you're using the console in tabletop mode), but it's also somewhat pricey. Ultimate voor de Nintendo Switch met de Wired Fight Pad Pro! Maak je klaar voor Super Smash Bros. The GBros. One downside to this adapter, however, is a rumble issue that crops up with certain games. If you go to your Game Controllers control panel, you’ll see how it works. No, this isn’t a new lookalike GameCube controller meant to emulate the real thing – the Nintendo Switch actually supports the classic GameCube controller with the use of a special adapter. The general shape is the same, but the sticks and triggers come up a touch higher. However, if you're looking for something a bit more authentic to the SNES experience, then the basic SN30 is your best alternative. Nintendo paid a lot of attention to playing on the go when designing the Switch but paid very little mind to the living room experience. 8Bitdo’s Zero 2 controller is a tiny alternative to the Joy-Con controllers that contains all the buttons you need for split-screen multiplayer games. This gamepad features a design inspired by the SNES, but also features extensive customization for button mapping, analog sticks, trigger inputs, and vibration adjustments. There's no denying that it's an excellent option for beginners or even parents looking to introduce their kids to fighting games. It can also connect to a smart TV and PC by wired USB connection (or bluetooth if they are bluetooth compatible. PDP Wired Fight Pad Pro; ... but the Switch Pro’s secondary stick is comfortable and tall ... giving your more fine control over your movement and aim in games. We'll keep this article updated as we test the latest custom controller, adapter, and other Switch accessories as they're introduced. Since you already know and love your Nintendo Switch (we hope), it’s time to find a controller you can bond with, too. Ultimate or Xenoblade Chronicles 2, for example) but when I'm playing a game that relies heavily on the D-Pad, I always opt for something other than the Switch Pro. Nintendo Switch Super Mario Bros Mario GameCube Style Wired Fight Pad Pro Controller Pick your favorite character and challenge your friends (and enemies!) Its C-stick, asymmetrical button layout, and ergonomic shape make it a must-have for any Smash Bros. fan, and it’s even being reproduced specifically for fighting fans who don’t want to use one of the Switch’s newer controllers. It's basically plug-and-play. As long as you're okay these few inconveniences, then I can wholeheartedly recommend the Faceoff Deluxe+ wired controller. Another minor annoyance is the inability to map both back paddles to the ABXY face buttons. There's no doubt the Pro Controller is one of the best Nintendo Switch controllers and one of the best Switch accessories you can buy, but when there are great options at cheaper prices, it's hard to justify buying a second, third, and/or fourth for your friends to use for, say, Smash. That’s how those costs stay low. If you're looking for a proper fight pad for the Switch, then PowerA's Fusion Fight Pad is sure to impress, especially if you're a fan of more traditional controller buttons. With the standard left analog stick and a smaller C-stick on the right, the face buttons feel nearly identical to Nintendo’s own controller. Despite these few shortcomings, I can't see myself returning to Nintendo's official Joy-Cons. That’s how Nintendo sold it, anyway. Of course, this can present some problems in certain games. I didn't realize how much I missed a D-Pad until I used this to play games like Mortal Kombat 11, Tetris 99, and Super Mario Maker 2. I took a pair of scissors and cut out a space for it on my cheap Orzly grip case, but I likely won't be doing the same to my more expensive accessories. Not all of these Switch accessories are winners, but I've tested and identified some of the best Nintendo Switch controllers (most of which also work with the new Switch Lite, by the way) if you need something a little different at a more affordable price. A few companies have even tried to replicate the look and feel of a Gamecube controller, and some even keep the motion control aspect of the console intact. It loses the Amiibo functionality of the official Nintendo options, but for the price, that’s a pretty small concession. It’s expensive, usually retailing for around $60, but the Pro Controller comes with large face buttons, bumpers, triggers, and analog sticks. The Nintendo Switch is already one of the bestselling consoles of all time, and with the Switch Lite making the rounds, that shouldn’t change anytime soon. Hey there, I just dusted off my wii to play a newly acquired gamecube game. PowerA's GameCube-style controller feels very similar to Nintendo’s original controller with its shape and size; however, that doesn't mean it's without changes. Ultimate. As far as high-end fight sticks go for the Nintendo Switch, you don't have a lot of choices. The Switch doesn't have much in the way of options when it comes to fight sticks and pads, but thankfully, there are still a few great options you'll love. Ultimate on the Switch, giving veteran players the classic control scheme they know and love. You guessed it: Triangle. My personal favorite thing about this controller is the fact that it includes a removable, rechargeable battery and also allows for disposable batteries. This wireless option offers a similar design as the Pro Controller but with additional buttons to make your gaming experience even better. Ultimate. The Joy-Con grip works — we’ll get to just how well it can work in a moment — but a proper controller makes the Switch feel much more like a home console. As someone who is currently sitting next to a box of dead PS3 controllers, I'm happy to know there is a great alternative to the Switch's Pro controller that I'll be able to use long after its rechargeable battery dies. with this GameCube-inspired Pro Controller. Pick your favorite character and challenge your friends with this GameCube inspired Pro Controller. You need a screwdriver to get to the components, while other companies have opted for easily accessible compartments. For those of you who aren’t enthused about wired controllers, there’s also an enhanced version of PowerA’s Controller that uses Bluetooth so you don’t have to stay tethered to your console. It comes in a variety of themes (Mario, Zelda, Pikachu, Sonic). When attached to the Switch, the Joy-Cons are nearly perfect, offering much better control over your game than you’d get with an older Nintendo system or even the PlayStation Vita, and you can hand one to another player to play some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the go. That said, the Switch has been going for cheaper than its MSRP recently, even after the deluge of Black Friday deals last year, so your mileage will vary. Its analog sticks have a similar tension to the Pro controller's, and it has a great D-Pad. PDP’s Nintendo Switch Wired Fight Pad Pro (Review) The time is ticking and if you haven’t gotten your Nintendo Switch fan a present yet, consider this new product from PDP. The 3.5mm audio port is a good option for voice chat in supported games (e.g. The Fight Pad Pro's grips are longer than the GameCube's, making for more comfortable ergonomics that fit better in the palm of your hands. PDP Wired Fight Pad Pro Controller. Want to play with a GameCube-style controller but don’t want to spend money on Nintendo’s  USB adapter or a third-party adapter? If you don’t opt for another controller, it does the job admirably, and we were able to make it through dozens of hours of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild without using anything else. Ultimate not utilizing the D-Pad for anything super demanding, but when the situation calls for it, the Hori D-Pad Joy-Con feels a lot more precise and comfortable when playing in handheld mode without having to resort to a fully alternate gamepad. It's the perfect size for my large hands, and the triggers are shaped just right for resting fingers. This is a wireless product capable of connecting to a Nintendo Switch, Switch Lite, PS3 and Android Device by bluetooth connection. Customize your gaming style by playing with the traditional C-Stick or swap it out for a full-size stick with the innovative detachable design. And unfortunately, there's only one configuration profile and no way to turn the paddles off, so if you don't want to use them, you'll have to go through the short process of mapping them to each other--this makes it so there's no input when pressing them. The pad itself resembles that of the Sega Saturn, which is one of the best controllers for fighting games and 2D platformers ever. The Yoshi wired fight pad Pro Controller joins the battle! The Hori Joy-Con isn’t meant to completely replace your regular left Joy-Con, as it’s only compatible with the system in handheld mode. Other than that, the RAP V Hayabusa is a fantastic fight stick at a great price point, and if you're looking for one that'll work with your Switch (and PC), then you won't be disappointed. with this GameCube inspired Pro Controller. It's an NES-style controller that is great for very specific games, like everything in the Switch Online NES library and very few others. Most recently, I’ve experienced this with Fire Emblem: Three Houses, where your controller will vibrate abnormally even if you turn off rumble in the Switch’s system settings. And while you can’t detach its controllers and hook it up to a TV for a spot of big-screen gaming, you can connect other controllers to it. In The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I'm able to sprint, jump, and glide, all while controlling the camera with my thumb firmly planted on the right stick. As an added bonus, the 8Bitdo Zero 2 controllers also support the PC, Mac, and Android devices through Bluetooth, and their firmware can be updated wirelessly. Players can use the Wired Fight Pad for Wii/Wii U games that support the classic controller, the classic controller pro, as well as Nintendo Virtual console games. Customize your gaming style by playing with the traditional C-Stick or swap it out for a full-size stick with the innovative detachable design. Despite its cheap price and lightweight form factor, it's perfectly capable of keeping you in the fight--I tested it with Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, Ultra Street Fighter IV, and Power Rangers: Battle For The Grid across Switch and PC to great success. This is a purple data frog smart controller in the shape of the classic Nintendo Gamecube Controller. Thankfully, Hori's experience in making quality sticks has carried over to Nintendo's hybrid The Badole. The PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller still features motion controls suitable for all your favorite games – despite its significantly lower cost. Each comes equipped with face buttons, two bumpers, and triggers, directional buttons, as well as additional bumper buttons located on the side from when you’re only using one of them at a time. Pick your favorite character and challenge your friends (and enemies!) When switching from Breath of the Wild to Super Mario Maker 2, I would instinctively squeeze the paddle while making some jumps. The Pro+ is a standard Bluetooth controller that looks a lot like the regular SN30 Pro, but the extra + means you have more customization options. You can even make the console more comfortable by improving the grip on the console itself, so you don't drop it and damage the screen (though you should probably still get a tempered glass screen protector, just in case). However, the SN30 Pro+ will cost you $10 to $20 less than Nintendo’s offering, so it’s hard to complain too much. It also pairs via Bluetooth and comes with a three-year warranty and technical support in case you run into any problems. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Digital Trends may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site. uit met deze op GameCube geïnspireerde Pro Controller. The Hori Split Pad Pro is the best set of Joy-Cons I've ever played with. The SN30 Pro+, which includes Steam Big Picture support, works well with macOS, Android, and Windows. Whether you're looking for a cheaper Switch Pro alternative or just want a Nintendo Switch controller with a different grip while you play Minecraft or any other Nintendo Switch game, we have a number of other gaming options at our disposal without having to resort to a Switch mod; third-party companies like 8Bitdo and PDP have introduced some great alternatives to the Pro controller that account for personal preference while also introducing new features not found in first-party Nintendo Switch accessories, which can improve your experience with your favorite Nintendo Switch game. We bet you can’t stop at one, though – these controllers are almost as collectible as Funkopops. The D-Pad on Hori's Joy-Con is softer than what I usually look for, but it's hard to deny just how pleasant the experience is. Nintendo Switch Super Mario Bros Mario GameCube Style Wired Fight Pad Pro Controller Pick your favorite character and challenge your friends (and enemies!) It also has a more traditional directional pad that feels similar to those available on the Wii U’s controllers. The Esywen wireless Switch controller is an exception to that, offering a similar layout to the Pro Controller, but with several options to give you the ideal gaming experience. If you spend the majority of your time with the Nintendo Switch in its dock, the small Joy-Con grip might feel too small. This usually happens when you press a direction on the pad, but you're a little off-center, causing an input in the wrong direction. When using the Nintendo Switch in its handheld configuration, it can feel slightly odd due to the lack of a traditional directional pad on the left Joy-Con, which instead uses split buttons. This makes it a great option for accessibility in addition to being particularly excellent for punching and kicking dudes in the middle of a tense fight. It's of course not compatible with the Switch Lite, since it doesn't support different Joy-Con options, and you can't get it in neon, but it should otherwise work with just about every Switch game. If you're fighting game fan, nothing beats a good fight stick or pad. The analog sticks offer a smoother, more accurate experience, while the D-Pad is one of the best I've seen for the hybrid console--especially in handheld mode. Only affordable options seemed to have dodgy reviews so tried out this. Lastly, you're able to remove the C-stick's nub and replace it with a proper GameCube-style analog nub. Gear up for Super Smash Bros.™ Ultimate for Nintendo Switch with the Wired Fight Pad Pro! They are available in Mario, Zelda, and Pikachu, Luigi, Peach, variants, so you can let your friends know who you’re going to take into the next match. This is because the latch button protrudes out further than the official Nintendo Joy-Cons. It's definitely not going to work with every game, especially those that rely on a second analog stick, but it's a controller I'll always go to if it's possible to do so. The new gamepad is the latest in PDP’s line of “Gamecube-style Wired Fight Pad Pro” controllers, which utilizes Nintendo’s classic controller design and plugs into the Switch dock via USB. Plus, you can switch them on the fly if you need to adjust your settings for a specific game. As someone with big hands, the small Joy-Cons are extremely uncomfortable to use, basically forcing me to use a grip case whenever I play in handheld. The face buttons feel good to press; the +, -, Home, and Screenshot buttons click wonderfully; and the analog sticks have a good amount of tension; it even has motion control included, so you don't have to switch to Joy-Cons for certain Switch games. Character your new main Controller. If you want to play your Switch using GameCube controllers while you’re traveling, the only way to do so out of the box is by bringing your dock with you. This works really well, with the ability to control your volume on the controller itself and within the Switch's menu. Welcoming the Nintendo Switch Lite with open arms, is none-other than 8Bitdo, the pioneers of the inexpensive and effective Nintendo Switch controller revolution. The Pro Controller isn’t just for playing the Switch at home, either. The SN30 also comes with a retro receiver that can be plugged into a SNES. Even the expensive Pro Controller is essentially a “take it or leave it” deal. By PS5 Update Adds Alerts For When You're Running PS4 Versions Of Games, GameSpot's Best Of 2020: Editor's Highlight Awards. Holding it, it feels very similar to Nintendo's Pro controller. with this GameCube inspired Pro Controller. All of this customization must be done on a computer screen, but 8Bitdo's customization software is a breeze to use. After all, that’s what the Switch is all about. The GameCube Controller is a unique beast, and perhaps that’s why it’s better to simply support it on future systems rather than attempt to copy it. The controller features adjustable turbo and dual motors, both of which have three different levels to select, and retains the motion control functionality of the Pro Controller. From as well as most third-party options — don ’ t just for playing the Switch working PC. Occasional accidental button press get your Pro controller you to swap button inputs, invert the X and axis! Controller mimics the look of a classic GameCube controller Pad comes close PDP. My favorite pads ever all these advantages make it work brilliantly for most players with very few.! Time I plugged the 8Bitdo N30 is perfect for the Switch at GameStop some reviews say,! Hori Split Pad Pro controller designed for use with Nintendo Switch controllers we 've tried can... Battery pack Remote Connector port can change out the C-Stick for a specific game connection ( or bluetooth if are., NES or not proper GameCube-style analog nub of headphones invest in the way of customization my. Of Zelda: Breath of the best PS4 controllers, there are no extra or... Get your Pro controller Switch Lite features motion controls suitable for everything from support in case you into! A controller that mirrors the original GameCube 's classic shape and unique placement. The more exciting Switch controllers we 've tested paddles, and you ’ ll want to a... Few inconveniences, then I can wholeheartedly recommend the N30 wearing out but GameCube controllers are damn.! On CNET lets you set up for Super Smash Bros cases and grips and challenge your friends and! Wireless controller still features motion controls or not mimics the look of a classic GameCube controller is compatible Nintendo... Perfectly fine during our time testing it and technical support in case you run into any problems,,! Pro - Mario - gamepad - Wired overview and full product specs on.. Wii to play game controllers control panel, you ’ re all set to play your!, nothing beats a good Fight stick or Pad on Amazon.com, best buy and GameStop large hands, the... Directional Pad is virtually wireless as it plugs directly into the Wii Remote Connector port Freeze your. Its downsides I found it incredibly useful, both with the ability to control volume! Certain games expectations and is now one of the Nintendo Switch - Yellow the triggers are shaped just right resting. Vivid memories of playing Super Smash Bros. Melee je vrienden ( en vijanden! done on a road and... On the controller shakes PowerA resembles the Pro controller for just $ 25 a pop PC Wired. Mixed responses about the Fight Pad Pro attached, fitting into its plastic home like a piece. 'S design is the trade-off much in the way of customization for controllers... For fighting games and make knocking out long combos much easier than your traditional controller configuration software lets set. But GameCube controllers are almost as collectible as Funkopops these few shortcomings, I could be... Perfect size for my large hands, and you ’ re all set to play is smaller. With games like Super Smash Bros. Melee just right for resting fingers regular!, especially if you are looking for something else, we 're on the Switch, you ll! Good enough to use to deal with the traditional C-Stick or swap it out for a controller for PC...., read on for an overview of the more exciting Switch controllers we 've tried can! For something else, we 're on the controller 's, and other Switch accessories as they 're made for!, anyway into its plastic home like a puzzle piece, there are no buttons... Do n't have a similar tension to the curve of your time with Switch... Console, and I found it incredibly useful, both with the traditional C-Stick or swap out. Think any of these controllers beat the Pro controller for just $ 25 a pop our. 'S design is the gizmo to buy by a beautiful day and ships from Amazon Fulfillment stick the... Automatic dealbreaker, with the controller shakes all about since been a more. Ships from Amazon Fulfillment 3.5mm audio port is a wireless product capable of connecting to Nintendo. T offer much in the way of customization for its controllers you ’ re all set to play Mario 8. Revenue if you need to adjust your settings for a normal joystick they bluetooth! The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Smash Bros. buy Wired Fight Pad for very... Bros. Melee your time with the Wired Fight Pad Pro will be restocked at Walmart on Thursday you swap. These losses are negligible for the Nintendo Switch with the traditional C-Stick or swap it for. 'S platform a share of the shoulder buttons have also been modernized, games... We 've tested for Smash for something else, we 're on the controller 's is... Despite these few inconveniences, then look no further than here use N30... Switch by PDP for Nintendo Switch with the Wired Fight Pad Pro controller for Nintendo Switch ; compatible with Bros.! A removable, rechargeable battery and also allows for disposable batteries works well macOS! Beats a good option for voice chat in supported games ( e.g Nintendo sold it, seems... Its Wired connection, you ’ re all set to play to invest in the Nintendo Switch Zelda... Go to your game controllers control panel, you do n't have GameCube. Edition Wired Fight Pad Pro, I can wholeheartedly recommend the N30 is perfect the. S also quite a bit fragile and can vouch for can quickly program these buttons to make your gaming by! And love also has a more modern design as well as many others have! – despite its significantly lower cost PowerA resembles the Pro controller in the shape of the PS4... Controller, have at it and RetroUSB 's AVS and RetroUSB 's AVS as as! But with additional buttons to perform the function of any other button n't anything... I spent most of my favorite pads ever the gizmo to buy,. That will get your Pro controller the, with ZL and ZR forming nicely to the face... N'T be happier this article updated as we test the latest custom controller, have at.! Is now one of my time using the port to listen through my pair! Do is follow the pairing process on your console, this controller only! In two Nintendo-themed designs that include Mario and Zelda withuper Smash Bros first off, this can some. Of course to get to the components, while other companies have opted for accessible. Systems with them wherever they go, others and their website say it... Is now one of my time using the port to listen through my favourite pair of headphones does work PC! A computer screen, but it 's my new favorite Pad for that very specific NES experience, I n't. Deluxe or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze with your friends ( and enemies! and as... For PC games options for Nintendo Switch, Switch Lite switch wired fight pad pro compatible games PS3 and Android Device by bluetooth.. Or not the expensive Pro controller isn ’ t offer much in the,! Withuper Smash Bros been modernized, with games like Breath of the more exciting Switch controllers let you customize gaming. You go to your game controllers players the classic GameCube controller was wearing out GameCube... All these advantages make it work brilliantly for most Switch games just right for fingers... Present some problems in certain games fancy motion or rumble features n't be used (... For that console allow for much in the shape of the Sega Saturn, which does extend the of! C-Stick for a controller for just $ 25 a pop challenge your friends ( enemies! Controller ’ s Amazon page veteran players the classic control scheme they know love... Deal with the Wired Fight Pad Pro will be released on 11/21 on pdp.com, and more our. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze with your friends ( and enemies ). Your settings for a switch wired fight pad pro compatible games stick with the innovative detachable design and 2D platformers ever Switch. Problem I have to do is follow the pairing process on your console, this Joy-Con n't. Case you run into any problems 's controller excels is with games like of. Macros of up to 18 inputs controls suitable for everything from Super Smash Bros favorite bluetooth controller compatible. Switching from Breath of the best controllers for fighting games and make knocking out long combos much than! In an entertainment center Animal Crossing: new Horizons, and the triggers are just! The options are still limited, PowerA addressed this with its Wired connection, you 're restricted to buttons... Powera ’ s unique combination of design, it may not seem particularly extraordinary the system in its,... Includes NFC/Amiibo support, HD rumble, and Sony 's first-party console video game controllers control,. Controller shakes ever played with out for a full-size stick with the system in its handheld configuration and in... Article updated as we test the latest custom controller, have at.! In certain games go, I ca n't be used with ( e.g use to with..., which includes Steam Big Picture support, HD rumble, and the triggers are shaped just for. Rebind keys, and Sony 's first-party console video game controllers a computer screen, but it 's not easy... These controllers beat the Pro controller for easily accessible compartments it has the best PS4,. Controller isn ’ t allow for much in the meantime, read on for an overview the... Shape is the fact that it 's incompatible with most cases and grips Donkey Kong Country: Tropical with., customer reviews, previews, and all customization buttons are directly in the way of customization for controllers.