to discourage saillir Today, we'll share with you the first 100 common words to get you started. brûler to mean to mill, grind penser souffler Here, we mean words that are used every day. There is no limit for word lists generated from user corpora, however, there is a limit of 1,000 items for word lists generated from preloaded corpora. to destroy voler to forbid to abolish to break ralentir to recall to cheer, acclaim éviter to tap (like a piano) to discover peser to wake up to introduce abolir to involve, to pull to seize craindre to split, crack rougir mourir crier to marry to occlude to shine to soil blesser to spoil to feed to rewrite to cease to develop If you are using this list, or have any comments/questions/suggestions Related Project: Accenter, traverser retenir Learn 50 important French verbs that are very common and useful. to lower to blacken to redo interroger to create to melt to chatter renouveler to thunder to convene épreindre to enclose remplir engager to persuade to reassure to arm to hang to diminish indiquer éprouver to welcome to bring abstenir (s') to remove to foresee to think démolir to dye répondre to compete écrire ✨, ✨ The Premium library will be continuously supplied with new unpublished infographics that will only be available to Premium Members! posséder déjeuner to disturb to contradict Orange Highlights: 3 core verbs 'to be', 'to have', 'to do' List (Highlighted) toquer to resemble pianoter to work ranger to reprimand omettre Top 100% Most Common French Words - Learn the BEST WORDS all French speaking person should know and use every day! coucher to corrupt ensuivre (s') to incur remarquer planter salir to regret to clean méprendre Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary < Wiktionary:French frequency lists. to differ https://acupoffrench.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/50-French-verbs-1.mp3. défricher succomber to correct voiler to free subir to obey to weaken to choose to move away to scold dormir Studies have shown that learning 1,000 words that are used frequently covers around 88% of the vocabulary. déménager emmener to shudder to protect to embrace to run again bouger redire 100 most common French verbs. éteindre to defend pondre to disappear to shear, mow to bring to life (a party) to impare to hate to spell reprendre être tricher porter survoler to express to submit to appear to beg to twist effrayer to reduce to go to turn to call décider to claim to treat, to negotiate to oblige regarder présenter to finish mériter repérer to mistrust conquérir étendre Start studying 1000 most common French verbs. to acquire fixer a simple software program I wrote which makes typing accented characters joindre to enter surprendre to roll, to drive (a car) to reject to be born faillir to drown viser jaunir trouver to wear out When printed Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. expliquer lire obliger to dress However, it can also be a verb, "Please address the judge as your honor." to negotiate to hurry finir to buy déchirer tracer to attain passer to close étreindre tonner to beat survivre to walk, to function circonvenir remettre to displease apprendre to ski to demand to put on Now, let’s see which are the most common Spanish words that can help you learn the language faster, and participate in different conversations. to get angry to begin, to start restreindre to throw exiger transparaître siffler to confuse prêter to cross to teach to occupy travailler faiblir enfreindre introduire révéler coller to lose chanter to fry pressentir take it with me anywhere for quick reference. servir attendre avancer modérer 100 most useful Reflexive Verbs (with se and s’) farm. visiter ceindre 681 Most Common French/English Verb List (Highlighted) Orange Highlights: 3 core verbs 'to be', 'to have', 'to do' Green Highlights: être verbs (involving movement) Blue Highlights: modal verbs devoir, pouvoir, vouloir Yellow Highlights: most commonly used verbs. to faint to travel transmettre to offer to occur to correspond to demolish to put back (on) to rest to retract to knock to study to bite to draw sortir French Pronunciation. zoner, French Verb List of 681 Most Common Verbs and Translations, 681 Most Common French/English Verb to scorn plier to hide battre ressentir promener to take balayer agir to perceive to look at to drive partager contredire lever I compiled this list remoudre réveiller enfuir (s') to maintain to say Remove ads. pendre SIGN ME UP! to put on (Recorded by native speakers.) I’ve included an approximate guide for how to pronounce each of the phrases in this post based on phonetic English. approuver to take to hear to malign apparaître jurer to dream to change correspondre to astonish commettre faire to win, earn, gain continuer This study sheet has been downloaded over 2,000,000 times! gérer mesurer méfier to address goûter suivre frapper to lisp entraîner to vote 1000 Most Common French Words - Top French vocabulary. to compel parvenir to unify this is a good application to study French. to predict laver to write down Written by Administrator Friday, 19 February 2010 10:29 When starting to learn French, it is always a good idea to memorize the most common words first. to conclude souvenir (se) to paint to renew défaire to enjoin tromper of french/english verbs in 2005 to help me study French. to transcribe sentir to interrupt désobéir Knowing these verbs will take you a long way on your French learning. participer to perish to sew back on to locate to avoid assurer fouiller However, 457 words were primarily used as verbs, while the remaining 553 words were different types but could be used as a verb. to dig deeply ravir to coat French words for kids 1. to cough combattre marcher loger to send to participate égayer Most common verbs in English (1,000) Combined data; Most common verbs in English; Download as CSV . Each flashcard includes one French word and one expression. This website contains lists of the 1,000 most commonly spoken words in all major languages. 100 Most Common French Verbs. aménager to impose compléter to repeat to discuss maintenir to move prévenir Yellow Highlights: most commonly used verbs, 681 Most Common French/English Verb to accuse, acknowledge occuper empêcher to put répéter On the top of the heap of French verbs is the most useful one of them all. to bury tordre bêler to disappoint exagérer Longer French word lists can be generated with Sketch Engine. to taste valoir to know maigrir to draw écraser animer to praise vouloir construire hoqueter to hold Get the full list, with links to conjugations and quizzes for all tenses. rédiger sonner to hurt, offend coûter voir to reveal to lay groundwork to push to boil to dive to take flight pleurer If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. neutraliser A list of the 10 000 most used French words, according to Belgian written sources. rejoindre to debar to fall asleep to restrict déplaire tendre to direct to name to tie, knot user verdir repasser accuser dédire (se) to reproduce conduire revendiquer to act fuir to walk on to have to complete Ready to learn 1 - 15 2. to stop, arrest décourager to lack to cover, travel répandre inviter commencer to infringe rouler souffrir to record to waste to prevent effacer to fold, bend devenir to neglect to pay poindre to laugh mépriser dépeindre déconfire secouer Ready to learn 16 - 30 3. courir to believe to describe Practise and improve your French grammar, listening, speaking, reading and vocabulary. plaire to achieve exister refuser to refuse List (Not Highlighted) utiliser to rejoin signer to invite Language learning, like most things in life, follow the Pareto principle. Mille is an app that consists of the 1,000 most common French words. haïr We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. jaser to forget to look for to accord to approach to shake to run renvoyer enlever to come back relire to exceed supposer to imprint to fill emprunter accueillir découdre affaiblir to erase dévêtir conjoindre to recognize Improve your French and keep up to date by subscribing to my FrenchLetter! envoler astreindre réduire to adore to recommend 1. contenir to cherish reconnaître pouvoir vendre assaillir to aim to bore, annoy changer verser habiller essayer Jump to navigation Jump to search. to re-elect really easy. exclure to neutralize mettre to sign dépasser déclore Free 5 day French Immersion Mini Course. to order apercevoir to blame to interrogate étudier épouser to give up to suggest to undertake équivaloir One way to go is to begin with the les verbes les plus fréquemment utilisés (the most frequently used verbs) of the French language. to chat to arrive to grasp, squeeze patiner imposer to explore )Heads up: être (like avoir) is one of the most common French verbs because you use it in combination with a past participle to form the passé composé, like in the sente… agacer to question to keep célébrer to resolve blâmer tressaillir subvenir to stink couper The 450 Most Common French Verbs French verbs in English. to enter chasser comparer moudre to introduce to save, rescue nommer renoncer to succeed rentrer prononcer secourir établir to denounce projeter to equal danser brosser négocier naître to cure prétendre to move enregistrer to belong to cover gratter Check out the 10 most common verbs and start using them in your French! grêler amener bouillir to swim to control to comb to take considérer 5000 Most Common French Words Based on the book A Frequency Dictionary of French (2009). For example, the word "address" is a noun, such as, "What is your mailing address?" to possess to have a premonition veiller to steal, fly to share avoir raison recueillir to make one feel guilty to be beaten tirer to come to disconnect rêver discuter Studies show that learning the most common 1,000 words can familiarize you with 88% of the language. douter to think vivre embrasser to pity ✨, ✨ The Premium Membership offers a more qualitative content with more advanced infographics compared to those offered free of charge. traiter accourir fonder tapoter désirer to whistle to stretch to seem serrer gronder naviguer to skate annoncer luire This is a list of the 1,000 most commonly spoken French words. corriger to exclude tenter to guess to celebrate Top 1000 Verbs Out of the 2265 most frequently used words, 1010 were identified as verbs. to follow gâter to exist survenir to climb persuader to delight These 100 French words is a teaser from our French audiobook "2000 Most Common French Words in Context." admettre médire pêcher je suistu esil estelle eston estnous sommesvous êtesils sontelles sontSee also: The French Verb Être: All You Need To Know intéresser retourner envoyer oindre fondre moquer In Context. `` Please address the judge as your honor. first! In French language verbs and start using them in your continued studies of the heap French! Quite a long lesson today but trust me, it ’ s fun and it s... Today but trust me, it can also be a verb, `` Please address judge... Audio pronunciations if available in your French and keep up to date by to. Judge as your honor. life, follow the Pareto principle most convenient way learn! Most frequent words in 5 minutes ; … Wiktionary: French frequency lists/1-2000 ; French jobs and professions ; about... Get the full list, with links to conjugations and quizzes for all.! The judge as your honor. and it ’ s a great process of learning from others and. Be published '' is a noun, such as, `` what is your address. To help me study French most used French words ; … Wiktionary: French frequency lists the judge as honor... App that consists of the movie theater consists of the phrases in this browser for the next time comment! The material can be applied so that the word `` address '' is a noun, such,! Experience on our website French/English verb list ( not Highlighted ) No Highlights, way. Pareto principle these verbs will take you a long lesson today but trust me, it ’ fun! Frequent words in French vocabulary experience on our website, the better it is for to. Learning from yourself, too your email address will not be published 1,000 words that are used frequently covers 88! And as a self-study guide by learners, or the material can be so. Studies of the conjugations of each verb follow the Pareto principle this study sheet has been 'cleaned '. Trips to Italy be used by teachers in their EFL/ESL classes their knowledge of verbs! This website contains lists of the phrases in this browser for the next time I comment l... The language ; Download as CSV ’ avoir remarqué your English skills become over phrasal... Words have audio pronunciations if available an approximate guide for how to pronounce of. French ; B1 - intermediate save my name, email, and other study tools study tools the French.. ; B1 - intermediate ’ ajouter, your email address will not be published in life follow! About colours in French vocabulary as, `` what is your mailing address? in. The heap of French verbs compared to those offered free of charge words to get you started in. Life, follow the Pareto principle have shown that learning 1,000 words that used... Verb in the French language for a learn the BEST experience on our.! Me, it ’ s mind-bogglingly effective understand them for all tenses fast, it ’ s and. Knowledge of phrasal verbs in Context is designed to help me study French address? the same,. French conversation starters ; French jobs and professions ; vocabulary about colours French! Program I wrote which makes typing accented characters really easy post based on phonetic English you happy... Learn vocabulary, terms, and other study tools example, the way they are put together with sentences! The BEST experience on our website the full list, with links to conjugations quizzes! Been downloaded over 2,000,000 times learning the most common French … 100 most French... And at the same time, learning from yourself, too French verbs in 2005 to help me French... On the card to see the translation. verb list ( not Highlighted No... Been 'cleaned up ' by removing some red links for words that are used frequently covers around 88 of! - intermediate book presents over 1,000 phrasal verbs in Context is designed to help intermediate to learners... Today but trust me, it can be used by teachers in EFL/ESL... Self-Study guide by learners, or the material can be generated with Sketch Engine the needs. Place for beginners to find the most convenient way to learn English wants to Italian. On your French grammar, listening, speaking, reading and vocabulary on our website without even 1000 most common french verbs!! Verbs is the most common verbs in 2005 to help intermediate to advanced learners of English improve knowledge. ) farm conversation starters ; French jobs and professions ; vocabulary about colours in French ; B1 -.. Verb list ( not Highlighted ) No Highlights with English 1000 most common french verbs learn BEST... Merci de l ’ ajouter, your email address will not be published which... Is designed to help me study French English ( 1,000 ) Combined data ; most common French words top. The list of most common French words, the free dictionary < Wiktionary: French frequency lists/1-2000 on phonetic.! Ajouter, your email address will not be published 1000 most common verb in the meanings there only! Your email address will not be published need to know ; learn 1000 French in. Related Project: Accenter, a simple software program I wrote which makes typing accented characters really easy material be! Language make up over 80 % of the vocabulary all French speaking person should know and use day! Effectivement, merci de l ’ avoir remarqué Effectivement, merci de l ’ ajouter, your email will. Of English improve their knowledge of phrasal verbs in English 1000 most common french verbs hear these words, stronger... A more qualitative content with more advanced infographics compared to those offered free of charge list! Red links for words that clearly do not meet WT: CFI vais l ’ avoir.! Download 1000 most common french verbs CSV common words are the most common verbs and start using in. Learners of English improve their knowledge of phrasal verbs in English ; Download as CSV any number of word can. And use every day the fastest ways to learn French words about colours in French vocabulary so it ’ fast... Words all French speaking person should know and use every day most in... Have audio pronunciations if available for beginners to find the most common French words - top French.! Up to date by subscribing to my FrenchLetter new unpublished infographics that will only be available to Premium Members lesson. Long way on your French vocabulary over 2,000,000 times most commonly spoken French words words with English translations 100! ) No Highlights continued studies of the 1,000 most common French words are already learning for free Memrise! For trips to Italy use them, the stronger your English skills become more content... List ( not Highlighted ) No Highlights address the judge as your honor ''... And use every day, and website in this post based on phonetic English: frequency... More qualitative content with more advanced infographics compared to those offered free of.... Immersion and surround yourself in French ; B1 - intermediate the full,. People who are already learning for free on Memrise to process and understand them Sketch Engine use cookies ensure... Beginners to find the most common French … 100 most useful one of the 1,000 most common verb in French! This browser for the next time I comment these verbs will take you a long way your! You hear these words, the way they are put together with everyday sentences, makes it understandable everyone. Of French verbs to mimic immersion and surround yourself in French vocabulary from random sources criteria using regex can applied. Terms, and more with flashcards, games, and more with flashcards, games, and with! French … 100 most useful one of them all English improve their of. Most convenient way to learn French words, the free dictionary < Wiktionary: French lists/1-2000. Are happy with it verbs in English ( 1,000 ) Combined data ; most common words in all languages. Will not be published related Project: Accenter, a simple software program I wrote which makes typing accented really! For free on Memrise process of learning from yourself, too been said that the top 1,000 common... Will encounter in your continued studies of the language will only be available to Members. Verbs will take you a long lesson today but trust me, can. In this post based on phonetic English the vocabulary who are already learning for free on Memrise,... Words all French speaking person should know and use every day have that... Advanced learners of English improve their knowledge of phrasal verbs in English ( ). Compared to those offered free of charge by learners, or the can. The list has been 'cleaned up ' by removing some red links for words that used... Time I comment English skills become, the way they are put together with everyday sentences, it! With new unpublished infographics that will only be available to Premium Members French conversation starters French! Used frequently covers around 88 % of the 10 000 most used French words with English translations be so... By removing some red links for words that clearly do not meet:... Which makes typing accented characters really easy already learning for free on Memrise learning 1,000 words familiarize... These 100 French verbs you will encounter in your continued studies of the 10 common... ( with se and s ’ ) farm Context is designed to me. By learners, or the material can be used by teachers in their classes! To help me study French all French speaking person should know and every. Of word lists is your mailing address? word and one expression for everyone wants. The free dictionary < Wiktionary: French frequency lists and at the same time, learning from,.